Namibia’s Sakaria “Desert Storm” Lukas and manager Immanuel Moses have settled in the United States ahead of a WBO world featherweight title eliminator bout with Jessie Magdaleno.
In an interview, Moses told The Southern Times Sport that he and his prize fighter were based in Tuscaloosa, Alabama ahead of the November 27 bout.
“Desert Storm stays ready. He does not get ready like other fighters who only train when they have a date. He is always training, so he is ready. He is in tremendous shape, the best shape of his life. You will see vicious intensity and knockout power,” said Moses.
The Lukas- Magdaleno fight was initially scheduled for March but was postponed due to COVID-19.
Moses said the pair was well aware that the US was the global epicentre of the pandemic and they were taking all necessary precautions.
“We are very careful when it comes to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are following the regulations set by WHO,” he said.
Moses thanked all the people who had been involved in making the bout a reality for the WBO Africa featherweight champion in such challenging conditions. Lukas is also a former WBA Pan African featherweight champion and a former IBF African featherweight champion.
“Let me use this opportunity to thank Global Boxing Stars; promoters of Lukas Sakaria, Mr Scott and Sean Gibbons; Mr Vaino Hipondoka of Profile Investment Holding; Mr John Hays of Readibites Market; and Roomaif Group, our fight gear sponsor,” Moses said.